The entire medicines might cause side effects, however lots of people have no, or minor side effects. So, it is very important that once you intake different kinds of medicines make sure that you contact with your physician once there is side effects that took place. In terms of Metformin, the side effects are unusual and it is commonly well tolerated. Once there is a side effect that occurs, in most of the situation they are minor and either needs no treatment or can be simply cured by you or your doctor.
Metformin and the metformin ER were already been studied carefully in clinical attempts, with the lots of people that was already evaluated, In these studies, Metformin side effects that occurs in group of people to take the drug are at all times documented and match up to side effects that happens in the same group of people not taking the medicine. According to these studies, the most usual side effects are as follows:
- Diarrhea – this occurs to up to 53.2 percent of people
- Nausea or vomiting – this happens to 25.5 percent
- Gas – this occurs to up to 12.1 percent of people
- Weakness – this happens to up to 9.2 percent of people
- Indigestion – this usually occurs to 7.1 percent of people
- Abdominal discomfort – this merely happens to 6.4 percent of people
- Headache – this is experienced by 5.7 percent of people
Mostly, people have lesser side effects once taking the long acting form which is the metformin ER. The common side effects for metformin ER include diarrhea that is almost 9.6 percent of people have already experienced and the vomiting and nausea that is experience by almost 6.5 percent of people.
There are several side effects with metformin that you must consult to your doctor. These include, however are not restricted to:
- The symptoms of lactic acidosis which includes the tired and weak feeling, trouble breathing, feeling cold, muscle pain, stomach pain, lightheadedness or dizziness and slow irregular heartbeat.
- The signs of high blood sugar which are the increased of hunger, thirst and urination, blurred vision, shortness of breath, fatigue and vomiting or nausea.
- The signs of low blood sugar such as shakiness, sweating, dizziness, severe hunger, cold sweats, alterations in behavior like irritability, loss of coordination, difficulty in speaking, seizures and confusion.
- Chest pain
- Signs of allergic reactions like unexplained rashes on the skin, itching, wheezing or trouble in breathing, unexplained swelling and hives.
There are also other probable metformin side effects that happen. In clinical studies, these side effects happen to 1 until 5 percent of people who takes metformin. For these side effects, it is hard to tell whether the side effect is because of metformin or not. Several of these die effects are as follows, however not restricted to:
- Taste changes
- Abnormal stools
- Pain the muscle
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Nail problems
- Increased in sweating
- Flu like symptom like fever muscle pain, weakness and chills
- Feelings of a forcefully or quick besting heart
These are the side effects that are included in taking up metformin. You better consult your doctor if there are side effects that took place.